Interested in the Arabi Weekend program?
You can also contact us by calling
About the Program
Arabi Weekend is a year-long (weekend) Arabic language program to match the needs of those with busy schedules and are keen to learn the language and have a nuanced understanding of the local Arabic culture. Arabi Weekend is for non-native speakers who have no background in Arabic and are limited with time during the week (classes are only on weekends Thursday afternoon to Friday afternoon).
By the end of the program, participants are able to conduct an active and fluent conversation in Arabic (Palestinian dialect) on social and everyday issues and current affairs, reading and writing in Arabic and a thorough and nuanced acquaintance with the Arabic society and culture of our region.
The program's learning process is dynamic and the content is very rich and diverse. The program includes special activities, e.g. study trips, experiential learning, and practice in real-life settings. These will take place either at the campus of the University of Notre Dame at Tantur (UNDT) on in a nearby Arab-speaking locations.
Unique features of the program:
- Two-day, end-of-week model
- Highly professional, experienced staff
- Management by Israel's leading experts in Arabic instruction
- Intensive practice in small groups
- Pastoral learning environment that promotes assimilation of the language
- Option for meals and accommodation on site—an opportunity for social encounters and networking
Full Program Fees:
- Discounted price for the first cohort is 22,400 NIS (400 academic hours/ 56 NIS per academic hour), a premium program at an affordable price.
- Grants available for up to 1/3 of the participation fee. Please reach out for more details.
Who is the program for?
What skills are achieved?
When are the classes?
Where does the program take place?
AAP and UNDT Partnership
Arabi Weekend is a cooperative program of the University of Notre Dame at Tantur in Jerusalem and the Arabic Academy for Professionals (AAP).
AAP offers outstanding Arabic training programs to U.S. Government organizations, businesspeople, and high-ranking managers in the region and globally.